The content of this blog does not reflect on any views, opinions, or positions of the United States government or the Department of Defense. They are my own personal thoughts, feelings, and ideas.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Christmas

Ok, I suck.  I haven't posted in quite some time, but I'm back.  So, it's a little late, but here are some of the festivities from Christmas...
Sarah, I ensured the hat was proudly displayed from the day it arrived :) It remained until well into January as well.  I also wore the socks on Christmas day, so you can be proud :)

"Don't let the Stan turn you into a man".  Most hilarious care package I've received.  Had me in stiches opening each package with the cooresponding story.  Rest assured Shannon, I have worn the pink nail polish (dare devil...I know), lip gloss is always on hand, and the pink 5 for $25 are pretty much the most comfortable things I've ever worn ;)


These gems were sent to me and constructed with the doll next door on Christmas Eve...we're awesome, I know ;)

The way I explain Christmas here is, ya know how there are all of the Christmas in July sales?  And all the stores put up Christmas decorations and play Christmas music?  It feels odd, but I always think, I mean hey I'll take the sales, right?  That's kind of how Christmas here is.  Everyone says it's Christmas, there are decorations, there's Christmas music, everyone talks to their families who are all together celebrating Christmas, but it just feels strange, like Christmas in July.  But I mean, hey I'll take the awesome food, right?  Everyone really pitched in to make it as special as possible though, the food really was amazing, and everyone put a lot of hard work into the decorations and it was great.  But we still went to meetings, we still had places to go, things to be accomplished, so it really was just another day with better food.  It just means next year has to be that much better now [ya know a 2 for 1 sorta deal] :)  

I miss you all so so much.  I love you and THANK YOU for all of the love and support over the past few months.  I can't wait to come home and hug you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment